Larry Price wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Bob Miller wrote:
>
> > I would like to get a KNOPPIX 3.2 CD.  Can I ask someone to make me
> > one to pick up Thursday night?  I'll give you a blank disc for it...
>
> I will toss in a CD-R and burn one for you, several more will be
> available. (now i just need to figure out what the spell is to get this
> cdwriter to eject once it's done...)

On Debian, I did this.

1. add this to /etc/lilo.conf: append="hdc=ide-scsi"

2. symlink /dev/cdrom to /dev/scd0: ln -s scd0 /dev/cdrom

3. Using vigr, add myself to the cdrom group.

Also check out the always amusing "eject -t" command.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]