Hey everybody, if you haven't seen RFC 3514 yet, go check it out:
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3514.txt

We now have a solid way to distinguish the *intent* of packets on our
networks!  The "evil bit" shall be set for all malicious packets sent
across the public network... this will save us a lot of headaches, and
snort will no longer have false positives (or false negatives!).
Hooray!

And by the way, I just won $150K on a $1 lottery ticket, and have
decided to become a personal benefactor for EUGLUG.  Anyone want any new
hardware?  I'm buying!  I'm thinking about 6 new laptops and 6 new
hand-helds, all high-end of course -- we can share them, right?  Or
should I plan on getting more for the club?  It is hard to tell, with al
the lurkers, how many are "here"...  Cheers and Happy April, everyone!!

respectfully,

   Ben B

Ben Barrett                   Software & Systems Engineer
counterclaim               Sys Admin, Installation, Consulting
Phone: 541.484.9235
 Fax:  541.484.9193
 Cell: 541.543.1422