So... to get slaq8 to boot, I ended up having to haque my rc.S file and
delete (dont worry... i backed it up first...) the  parts where it does
fscking and checking the conditions after fscking.
I dont know whats up, I can fsck the partiton fine (while running a
different system), The only thing I can guess is that /bin/fsck (or
/sbin/fsck...) is corrupted. anyone else have a theory? idea?

Jamie

Windows is a 32 bit patch for a 16 bit gui based on an 8 bit os for a 4
bit processor made by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of
competition --Stolen off IRC