On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 09:55:08AM -0700, Bob Miller wrote:
> Cory Petkovsek wrote:
>
> > I got a Sun Blade 100, with a 20gb drive and 512mb memory and an
> > Elite-3d lite video card for $630 with shipping.  It came with solaris 8
> > installed.  It just arrived last night, so of course I played with it
> > trying to get it on the net.
>
> Assuming you're interested in learning Solaris, you ought to make a
> clone of your filesystems before you've fixed too much of the brane
> damage.
>
> That way, you can revert to the original and practice setting up a
> fresh-out-of-the-box Solaris system again sometime.

I have the solaris 8 media, and I downloaded solaris 9 (free beer).
I'll play, and blow it away and install.  I think I'll keep solaris on
it to further my consulting repetiore.  I'll put freebsd or openbsd on
my p200 and gentoo linux on my new laptop (p4 2.2ghz 512mb 15.5" dell
inspiron 8500).  It comes with a 3 year warranty, so if gentoo breaks
this one, it's back to the shop.  I'll avoid compiling OO or Evolution
or mozilla.

> > Is there anything I can do to get a virtual console(ctrl+alt+F1), or kill
> > Xwindows(ctrl+alt+backspace)?
>
> The Vulcan Death Grip is documented in the X man page, and I'm pretty
> sure Solaris has one.  It might be <CTL><ALT><Backspace> and it might
> not.  Xsgi used four keys (and I can't remember which four).

Ah yes, rtfmp

Cory