This site has some sample material from their ECDL courseware online:

http://www.ciatraining.co.uk/

Seems pretty basic, although it sure would help a lotta folks...
<storytime>I worked in a campus computer lab for a while during my
undergraduate stay at UO (before counterclaim) but it was not as bad as
you'd think.  The science library's lab had X terminals as well as some
Macs (they got one high-end PC after I left) -- the focus is more on
Science and AAA (arts and applied architecture) students (I saw very
few freshpersons there, ever), who need mostly network as well as some
high-end multimedia machines (there was a cd burner available long
before they were common in the other labs, and had a couple nice
scanners including a good slide scanner, and a color laser printer)...
there were very few questions about word, and the excel questions were
more along the lines of the mathematica questions  ( =
</storytime>

BTW, there are a number of other ECDL courseware, I'm sure you've
noticed this list:

http://www.ecdl.com/main/approval.php
(the CIA place just stood out to me, what a way to get name-recog)

regards,

   Ben

PS - Good news, everyone -- I landed myself a contract that will keep me
in work for a few months.  Perfect!!  Tell you more later, but just
wanted to share my, "Hooray!"... and also say that I'm not seeking
work quite as I was, now, but am still available for other contracts.
Ciao!