Something to be considered when making CD's for the general public is that
it has to be easy for them to install, and not automagicly wreck thier
exsisting system. Its also helpfull if basic instructions come with it (even
if its one sentance) Contact information (such as eug-lug mailing list, or
distro-specific email help list/IRC channel/website) is also a good idea.

I usually recommend Mandrake or SuSE to users that are new to Linux (or new
to computers!) as they both have very easy to install programs with nice
GUI's (newbies like guis, and get frustrated with text only installs (menu
systems are better than command lines, but not as good as a gui.

Jamie