Tim,

Fry's in Wilsonville had one a couple weeks ago

AMD Duron 1.1 Ghz
40 MB HD
128 MB PC-133
built-in Video, LAN, WinModem w. linux driver
KB, Mouse, Speakers
no monitor
ThizLinux ( some Red Hat-based thing from Hong Kong or Taiwan)
$199.99 (no sales tax in Oregon ) - lower price, lower performance level but still acceptable/upgradable

Anyone heard of something with an even lower price?

For me, it was better than building from the motherboard up. My understanding is that the Fry's Doorbuster Motherboard/CPU combos are priced so low because they accept a higher defect rate. When I tried the mobo route, I took at least 4 trips to the return line before I gave up.

Rodney