Timothy Bolz wrote:

> Has anyone gotten the temp senors for the cpu working.  From what
> I've been reading you need the ic2 support, ic2 bit banging, ic2
> devices, and ic2 proc modules installed.  I have them installed and
> run the lmsensor package.  I'm not sure if you install the modules
> if you have to compile the kernel or not.  Has anyone tried to get
> their senosrs going under debian.  I would like to know how hot my
> system is.  Right now the only way to tell is to reboot the system
> and I'd rather not.  This should be any easy.  I hope one of you
> have done it and write a litlle this is how you do it so I can do
> it.  I'm running Debian if this helps

lm_sensors is never easy.  Sorry...

I had working temperature sensors on my dual Athlon board until it
melted.  It was RedHat.  Getting sensors set up right was a pain.
(Fortunately, a few weeks ago Tyan released a set of sensors.conf
files for several of their motherboards.  If you have a Tyan board,
you should definitely download those.)

As for the modules, yes, you need the i2c modules and the sensors
modules.  If you're using Debian's kernel, the i2c modules are already
built for you, but the sensor modules are not.  Try (sorry, I can't
check this for you) installing lm-sensors and looking in
/usr/share/doc/lm-sensors-* for help.

You should run sensors-detect if you haven't already.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]