Mike, I had no idea you were still around -- and well, I'm a better
googler than writer at th moment, so here goes some clipboard joy:

the Americans for Fair Economic Commerce Transactions say:
"The Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) is a proposed
state contract law designed to standardize the licensing of software and
all other forms of digital information. UCITA is a complex law that will
adversely affect individual consumers, businesses, industries,
libraries, schools and universities -- anyone using software or any kind
of digital information."
http://www.4cite.org/what_history.html

the Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility say:
"UCITA is the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act, and was
developed by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State
Laws (NCCUSL). UCITA is very similar to a previous proposal, UCC2B,
which was abandoned due to widespread opposition.
UCITA is a contract law statute that would apply to computer software,
multimedia products, computer data and databases, online information,
and other such products. It was designed to create a uniform commercial
contract law for these products and calls itself 'a cyberspace
commercial statute.' It covers contracts that are generally known as
'shrink-wrap licenses.'"
http://www.cpsr.org/program/UCITA/ucita-fact.html

also, two links:

the American Library Association's UCITA report:
http://www.ala.org/Content/NavigationMenu/RUSA/Our_Association2/RUSA_Sections/MOUSS/Our_Section4/Committees10/Interlibrary_Loan2/UCITA_2001_Annual_Meeting_Report.htm

the Free Software Foundation's "Why We Must Fight UCITA" page:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/ucita.html

I hope this is not an overwhelming amount of information, as I earlier
provided...   ; )

ciao and shanti

     Ben Barrett