I just noticed this old message, in the bottom of my mailbox -- and
wanted to remind folks that tomorrow, July 25th, is the annual "day out
of time", and the 26th is Mayan new year's day (for the solar calendar).

cheers and happy new year!

Red Planetary Skywalker, "10 Ben", is the name of this year's new year's
day, as well as the new year.  BTW, Ben does not refer to my name, it is
the Mayan name -- mine would be "Ix", 'EE-sh'...  anywhoo, it's a neat
calendar, and ties into a software project I've been scheming on:  a
completely redesigned calendrical user interace, that allows one to
select a single date, or compare multiple dates and/or ranges --
allowing for multiple (and switching) views on the same information,
between calendrical systems and also say different calendars within the
mayan system.  I don't quite know how to describe my ideas yet,
but "cyclical forests", anyone?

regards

   Ben