On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 03:34:54PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Do I have to be in a certain directory to install an RPM in Mandrake?
> And I am confused by the i386 i486 i586 and i686,  which rpm's should I use for
> my 2 gig celeron?

i686, i386, i486, and i586, in about that order.

What you have is an i686.  When that fails, there are the lower numbers to
use, which will work, but not as fast.  Except that the 686 chips run 386
code faster than 586 code.  Don't ask me why it works out that way, it's
Intel's fault.  ;)

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      Available in cherry and grape

"As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a
thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something."
        -- Hagar the Horrible