At 10:22 AM 8/10/03 -0700, you wrote:
<BLAH BLAH BLAH>

>has the avg config of one cdrom, one hard drive, and one floppy (which I
>haven't tried at all!). I think dust accumulated in the drive is my
>enemy here...  any tips?
Carefully disasemble the floppy drive, clean the heads with alcohol (using a
q-tip helps), note: be very carefull when cleaning the heads, they are
usually mounted on a peice of thin copper and dont like to be bent!!!

use compressed air to clean out the rest of the drive before doing the heads
if its really dusty.

Jamie

>regards and thanks a bundle,
>
>   Ben
>
>PS - TCT, The Coroner's Toolkit, is the major forensics package that
>comes with PLAC (the Portable Linux Auditing CD)... I hadn't played with
>PLAC for a good while, and when I did get this system to boot I forget
>where to find that -- I don't think it is in the default path, but you
>just go to /tct-x.y.z/ and there is all is.  For those of you who are
>interested in the tools themselves:
>http://www.porcupine.org/forensics/tct.html
>
>(they also did SATAN: http://www.porcupine.org/satan/summary.html )

Rock Solid Networks