Since you were mucking about with your profile... did you change anything in there that might impact line length? Try renaming and then logging in again, so that you go back to the default profile, see if it does anything different.

Garl Grigsby wrote:
I thought the same thing. I was origonally using Putty from a Windows machine and figured Putty was munched. Next I tried ssh'ing from my Linux Workstation. Same thing. Next I walked across the building to the machine itself. I see the same thing on the machine using the dtterm. Any other ideas?
Garl