Hi,

Here is what my .fetchmailrc looks like:
==============================
set daemon 180
set postmaster assured

poll mail.assuredcomp.com proto pop3
        user [EMAIL PROTECTED] pass "password" is bob
#       keep
        fetchall
==============================
This means check for new mail every 180 seconds.
Error messages get sent to the admin account.
Poll mail.assuredcomp.com with the pop3 protocol.  In your case pop3.efn.org (or the
way you have it defined in kmail).
login with your user name and password.  It's defined in kmail.  the "is bob" means
deliver the mail to bob locally.
"keep" is if you want to leave the mail on the server.
"fetchall" is if you want to download it to your local computer.

You can call it from /etc/profile with:
/usr/bin/fetchmail -f /home/bob/.fetchmailrc

I hope this helps.

Timothy Bolz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>I've heard about fetchmail for years and finally read something about it.
>>From what from what it sounds like it will fetchs you mail every so often.
>How often does it get the e-mail?  I use kmail and I have to press the
>download button every time I want my mail. It looks like it's pretty simple
>just set up an .fetchmailrc file with some script in it.  Will it know what
>directory my mail goes in?  I've tried the command line of fetchmail
>"fetchmail -k -s -u  myusername efn.org" it gives the following.
>Enter password for [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>IMAP connection to efn.org failed: Connection refused
>POP3 connection to efn.org failed: Connection refused
>fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
>
>Any Idea's?
>
>Thanks
>Tim