On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 08:08:01AM -0700, Jack Morgan wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 01:27:21AM -0700, Cory Petkovsek wrote:
> > Dirk, it is considered bad netiquette to cross post (mail two lists at
> > once).
>
> Why do you point out this particular cross posting netiquette offense
> when we have had so many recently?
I don't mean to target Dirk specifically, I just haven't read the
following threads.

> Subject: [eug-lug]Rsync Backup Solution over SSH
>
> Subject: [eug-lug]Scott Kveton Makes Front Page
>
> Subject: [eug-lug]Microsoft Earnings Report

For the initiators of these threads, note it is considered bad
netiquette to cross post.  Some reasons for this include that those who
pay attention to the headers will group-reply to all lists while others
may not.  Those who reply to all lists may not be allowed to send
unsubscribed emails to those alternate lists and have their mail held or
bounced.  It also easily breaks threads when some people group-reply and
others do not.  Archives do not include the full thread and in general
it is messy.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your