On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 08:51:19PM +0000, Bob Crandell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I stumbled across this while looking for something else:
>
> http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/6880.html

This sounds pretty silly.  Why did these reporters waste our time
writing it up.  I hardly call 200 to 40 website defacements "war".  The
one site they listed in the article is running iis4 and is the "premier
arabic online music store".  Big deal, so lots of sites have been found
running insecure webservers and all of the so called "attacks" are
simply website defacements.

One of the cracker groups says, "One man can destroy a whole company
with one click."  Again, I hardly call a website defacement destroying a
company.  And real hackers don't click.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your