On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:12:13PM -0800, Marc Baber wrote:
> Could anyone on this list explain what "Bayesian spam probability" means
> in the context of SpamAssassin?  Some spam filters use locally defined
> filtering rules and some are augmented with remote databases of "known"
> spam messages (such as razor.sf.net).  I don't know about SpamAssassin.
I assume you understand the gist of a baeysian spam filter, so I won't
explain it.  In the context of spam assasin, it auto learns messages by
default.  There are certain very low bottom and very high upper
threshholds of spamissity that triggers the baeysian learning.

> My sense is that current Spam filters operate on the assumption that
> nearly everyone agrees on what is Spam so anything reported by anyone as
> spam is likely to actually be spam.  That probably works fine up until
> an election year :-).

Didn't Roger and Larry say they only tag messages and leave filtering to
the end user?  So what's everyone's beef?

Cory
--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your