On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:05:43AM -0800, T. Joseph Carter wrote:

> Second, it is perl that wasn't designed in any
>meaningful manner; it was merely hacked, tweaked, and appended as
>necessary to block the latest things people are doing.

Isn't that covered by "it is perl"?

Our experience with SpamAssassin is that it has inevitable scalability
problems.  We are using three dedicated hosts to do the work and are
still skipping too many messages.  Mike has been experimenting with
ways to optimize the perl, either by optimizing the binaries or other
steps.  If core portions could be ported to C, that might help.
Other ideas we have speculated about include perld or maybe perl.ko.

--
"When the President of the United States cannot travel abroad or to any
major city at home without fear of a hostile demonstration --