I use ext3 on the boot partition and XFS on the data drive.  ext3 because to get
back up and running in a worse case.  XFS for data because it's faster and some
think it's more reliable.  ReiserFS and XFS are so close that it may not matter
which you choose, especially if this is a workstation.

Thanks

Rob Hudson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>The next time I install Linux on my desktop, I plan on using a journaled
>filesystem.  If you all could indulge me, I'd like to hear about what
>journaled filesystem you're running and how it fares.
>
>I'm thinking about ext3 simply b/c it seems like an easy switch from
>ext2, and looks like it doesn't even need to format the drive.
>
>XFS just got included in the 2.4 kernel...
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107088371607817&w=2
>
>I think there is also ReiserFS.
>
>Thanks,
>Rob