On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 06:03:25AM -0800, nyal wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to associate certain file types with certain
> apps...like Kuickshow with .jpgs and XMMS with .pls files.  I know it can't
> be that hard, I'm just not looking in the right place.  If anyone knows of a
> site that explains how I'd be mucho appreciative.

For what?  You think this is integrated?  The beauty of X11 is that you
must configure each and every little thing seperately and not necessarily
in a sane or logical manner.  Gnome has one place.  KDE another.  XFCE
another.  ROX yet another.  GNUStep still another.  Mozilla has its own,
and then there's the generic MIME associations, a square wheel used by
oldschool applications which do not use the newer (but still square)
wheels created by KDE, Gnome, ad nausiem.