I've had a good experience with SpiritOne and Qwest (great with SpiritOne, so-so with Qwest). Once we got everything hooked up, I was quite happy with their 640K DSL service, and would recommend them.
These days I'm hooked up through Comcast's 1.5Mbps cable... w00t! pricier but worth it IMO.

-Max

Rick Faber wrote:

Hi

Sorta new here,  and just realized that DSL is available at my house
(pleasant hill).  The current quest offer seems pretty reasonable.

I have two basic questions. Is the quest modem/router (actiontec 1524) reasonable or should I look for a different one? Any experiences? Hmm I always tell people it depends on what you want to do, so: I imagine
3 or 4 desktops at home with different OS's, maybe put the wireless switch to use that I have sitting in my closet with a latop and/or the desktops. I don't *really* want to have a box to manage as a firewall unless it's unavoidable.

Secondly, The choice of ISP. (Efn hasn't gotten back to me on cost - but a year or more ago they were out of my league) Anyone know if it's possible to use Peak (corvallis) or dsl-only.net or aracnet(spiritone) out of portland? Or any other local preferences. It'd be nice to have the static IP and no MSN ties...

If there is a FAQ somewhere, please point me, but I couldn't find one.

Thanks, Rick