I've got  a Nviidia FX 5200 which has two outputs vga and DVI.  The DVI has a
DVI to VGA plug.  Well I thought I would hook up my second monitor and try it
.  I've got it going.  I don't have xinerama on.  I tried xinerama and didn't
like it.  When I run KDE I get a display in both with panels.  This is nice.
When I run gnome I only get my main monitor with gnome the second monitor has
the x screen up which looks like no window mangager is working.  When I move
the mouse to the second monitor I see the X mouse cursor but can do nothing.
It must be a gnome configuration.

Some other problems

One is when I switch to a shell (alt + F1).  My main monitor become dim and
you can see the output but the image is on the second one.  The main work has
to be on monitor two.  It would like to do work on my main monitor.  I'm
thinking this is a configuration too.

Two,  when I run xawtv from window terminal shell it apears to start and then
it disapears.  It gives a Segmentation fault error which.  I think this has
to do with the dual displays.  Is there a way to get this going.on one of the
monitors.  What is funny is  I started up vnc and tried xawtv in it and the
window opened no display though.  I wonder if I could display xawtv on my 2nd
computer?  Do I have to give up on watching tv?  As if that would be a bad
thing.  I have in the XF86Conifig-4 in "ServerLayout" an option "Clone" "on"
this might be the problem.

What would be nice is to have Gnome in one monitor and KDE in the other or a
different wm.   I've been thinking about adding a 2nd Video card and having a
third monitor.  I want to see if I can do it.  I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Thanks
Tim