> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:22:57 -0800
> From: Ben Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: The Eugene Unix and GNU/Linux User Group's mail list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [eug-lug]Not even *nix-related, asm is worthwhile
>
> Agreed.  I overlooked menuetos until I finally got mention of the GUI and
> impressive features.  The screenshots are amazing, really impressive stuff
 At least I didn't get shafted (-:

> going on there!  My main concern is the hardware support:
> http://www.geocities.com/menuethw/byhardware.html

> I'm not clear as to whether the development on this has the floppy disk as a
> goal/spec/constraint, but I forsee a 50MB bootable mini-cd in the future
> that offers a knoppix-equivalent menuetos... and I mean equivalent by
 Na, I don't see a real application for such package on floppy -- however,
putting it on Flash of a cheap SBC (single board computer) for a specific,
designated application (tolerant against mechanical shocks) could be
useful, you solve it for one set of hardware and there it does the job.
But then, Flash is getting so cheap that you again can accomodate a larger
OS...

> phew that helps a lot more:
> http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/twruottu/moshw/index.html
 YES, *another* guy (team) from Finland...

If you actually look at the files in the package it's not just ugly
binaries; it seems like some of the applications compiled from their .asm
sources when needed. Neat and educational............. Horst