I got a WinTV 250 card, which supposedly work well, but haven't been
able to get it to work.  I didn't try all that hard either, yet.  It has
S-Video inputs.  Not sure how audio gets in but I'm guessing via the
soundcard.

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintvpvr250_datasheet.htm

Supposedly there's an ivtv driver I need, and enable some kernel stuff.
Last time I followed a recipe I found it didn't work.  I've been meaning
to do it again but priorities...

I subscribed to the MythTV email list and this was a common question and
had lots of good feedback.  I'd look at their archives to get some tips
on cards.  They also mention deals or rebates on cards as they come up
usually...

OR
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/

-Rob