Over a solaris nfs, in freebsd I told it to mv a symlink to another directory.
However the linked directory was moved into the target dir instead of the
symlink.  What's up with that?!

Is that because I was over nfs, or is it because of freebsd mv?  Linux mv moves
symlinks, although I'm not sure about nfs.  Freebsd ls is aware that the files
are symlinks, so why not mv?  When I rm'ed the symlink, it properly removed the
symlink and not the linked dir.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to Your