I hate Promise controllers.

Is there good data on the drives?  If not, then I suggest you
configure a software RAID.  If there is, then you might want to stay
on kernel 2.4.20 until you can migrate the data off the promise and
onto a "dumb" IDE controller configured with a software RAID0.

Mr. O can probably recommend a good "dumb" IDE controller.  I can't.

Mr O wrote:

> Is that just a controller card? Using softraid? Compiled Raid 1
> in the kernel? Not a module Bob ;) Try "raidstart /dev/md0"?
>
> --- Bob Crandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried installing the new kernel on a good working system
> > with 2.4.20.  It
> > detects the card and the drives but it doesn't detect the fact
> > that they are
> > mirrored.  Is there an incantation I missed somewhere?  Has
> > anyone else gotten
> > this to work?  The reading I've done shows there is a problem
> > but no solution.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bob

kbobsoft software consulting