On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 01:16:39 -0700 (PDT), Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree that we will see IE's dominance slip even more
> b/c of competition. However, I believe one of the key
> things that will keep IE around regardless of security
> issues is .NET/ASP/ActiveX. Web apps using these
> technologies have quite a large installed base, and
> many of these will only function fully/properly with
> IE. This is why I still use IE - there are a few apps
> I need that won't run with Mozilla.

And in a few years there will be a bunch of XUL/XPI apps that will
only be available to users of
Gecko based browsers; and Dashboard will have it's own html extensions
(though supposedly Opera and Mozilla will support them)

Are we bound for another iteration of the browser wars??

bleah!

ps. note From: header (Thanks Per)
this will be my new public email account as the efn address will be going away.

--
http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?