The following Gmail features make me happy:
- Large allowed attachment size compared to other webmail (10MB)
- 1GB mailbox, you can choose to "archive" messages for easy searchability or move them to the trash to be deleted if you know you never want to see them again.
- You can type a search word in a field at the top of the page, and it quickly filters through all of your mail (address, subject, body) for matches, displaying them in ranked order.
- Autocomplete of addresses (from address book) is quite handy, has sort of a mini-LDAP feel to it.
- There are no user-defined folders to manage; instead the above-mentioned search feature allows access to any message quite rapidly.
- The whole interface is low-bandwidth, ads and most buttons/labels are text only, so the site flies.

In short this is the first webmail I've used that rivals pop mail in ease of use and function. Gmail's search features, as you might expect, are easier to use than the mail clients I'm familiar with. Plus I don't have to store 1GB of mail on my hard drive :)

Regards,
-Max

Bob Miller wrote:
Max Lemieux wrote:

Personally, the subject of my latest email test has been Gmail. I've been using it for a month or so, and I think it's pretty slick. If anyone wants an invite, please email me off-list.

Can you describe some of the things you can do with Gmail that you
weren't doing before?

I'm reasonably happy with my own mail setup, but I'm concerned that
there may be areas of functionality that I've never even thought of.