Mozilla plugins are often in a hidden directory called ".mozilla" in the user's home
directory, like

/home/nyal/.mozilla/plugins

Sometimes different distros put this plugins directory in /opt or /usr or elsewhere, follow the instructions on the other response to find it...

In general, opening a terminal window and doing "ls .*" in your home directory will show you many hidden prefs directories.

HTH....
Max

nyal wrote:
Greetings all,

I have a need (not a want) to install the flash Plugin. I d/l'd the plugin, then went to find the install instructions (posted below)

How do I install Macromedia Flash Player on Linux?

On Linux, download Macromedia Flash Player 7. Once downloaded, copy libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt to your browser's plugins directory.

Simple enough eh?  No so for us newbies.......

I've seached my box the best I can and have NO IDEA where Mozilla keeps it's plugins directory!

Any help with this most mysterious and hidden directory's location is greatly appreciated. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and KDE.

Thank you,

Nyal R. Cammack
[EMAIL PROTECTED]