Well gentleman, this it - good by, the delete key would like to retire this thread. But, is my decision, when you get back to the REAL WORLD of Linux talk, I'll think about coming back... So politics have taken over the list - goodnight!

Where is the moderator of this list when you need him most!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh........

Alan wrote:
T. Joseph CARTER wrote:

They aren't willing to let you.  Their cited concerns are legal liability
and that you have not paid your technology fee.

Actually, no one connected to OU has said anything either way.

You seem unwilling to accept this justification, and frankly until computing services start giving me a paycheck, it's not worth my time to keep restating this point. You think you're entitled. They think you're not. I agree with them.

Wow, you read far too much into this. It's an intellectual exercise, not a diatribe on entitlement.

Have you missed the several times I have mentioned that I pay for access
as a student, and you do not?

No, you've whined about it quite incessantly.
Of course, you are also under the false impression that your fees cover the cost of supplying you with access, so I don't take it too seriously.

Campus networking is a subscription
service. The fact that you can access it without subscribing is a
security hole.

No, it isn't. In your dorm it might be, but public labs are just that. Public.

More "I'm a TAXPAYER, I have RIGHTS!" crap. Why should you get for free part of that which I am going deeply into student loan debt for?

As a taxpayer, I'd like your personal thanks for securing your student loans for you.
I'd also like to remind you that UO is a _state_ institution. If you don't want to deal with the hoi-polloi, I suggest you attend a private college.
In the meantime, I'll continue enjoying sponging off of your hard earned student loans.

-ajb