Are there icons on your screen, after logging in, which represent your computer, or hard drive, floppy drive, etc? If you double-click the most obvious one, do you get a "Windows Explorer"-like file browser? That will be your best bet for file management... command-line mounting, copying, etc is straightforward with practice but not, um, obvious. :)

Do you have an Internet connection available?

Also, it strikes me that you may have selected a very very bare-bones installation when you installed Fedora. If you don't have any significant work done like memos etc on the machine, you may want to reinstall, and choose the "Everything" option to get all the software and helpful tools.

-Max

walter fry wrote:

No command line entrance available..no tv like icon..mnt/floppy=nogo; moumt /mnt/floppy=nogo; no xterm; no konsole; I'm no better off than I was with Mandrake....