Do you have an audio cable on your CDROM? Windows XP defaults to
using digital audio extraction. There is a plug-in available for
XMMS called something like "cdread" that will allow you to do
DAE under linux.

For your webpages, you'll need to log in to your router and make
sure port 80 is pointed to the right internal IP.