On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 12:56:08PM -0800, perdurabo wrote:
> I'm curious as to how many OS X folks there are on this list. OS X
> doesn't get a lot of traffic on this list.
>
> 1. Anyone here use OS X as their "main" operating environment?

I do.

> 2. Those who do, are you/have you done any interesting hack projects?

Like what?  I've worked with Florent Pillet to make pilot-link work on a
Macintosh natively, but that's about the only interesting thing I've done
as a developer.

I have greater ambitions related to PalmOS devices, but these will take
time I haven't got yet.  Big project, other people who want the results of
my work, but nobody who wants to contribute time to coding it.  You know
how it goes.

> 1. Yep, both at work and at home. I currently have a PM G5 dual 2ghz,
> a TiBook 667 which will soon be going away, and I just got a new 12"
> Ibook G4 1.2ghz which is probably the best laptop I've ever used. I
> like it even better than the higher end Powerbooks.

I happen to like the 15" PB as laptops go, though I'm really starting to
consider that a 17" iMac isn't all that less portable for my purposes.