On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:39:52 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Could you mail me tomorrow's currency rates please,
I'd be ever so grateful...  ;-)

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  http://www.linuxcompatible.org/article11.html

Sounds like a bad experience, OTOH it was a release candidate, not a
final release,
but yeah trashing an entire hard drive to take it over for a new OS is
irresponsible; and probably not a good idea (sounds like someone made
an assumption about how it would be used and by whom that was badly
flawed)

> After reading Larry's post I started downloading the install cd first. Then I
> started reading the article that I've quoted above. Has anyone installed this
> distro to their hardrive and had a good experience?  The article was written
> 04/01/2004
> hopefully they have improved the install script. Also he says that it was the
> livecd that he tried

The livecd I'm running off of at the moment does not have an obvious
easily accessible install script intended to install the system to a
local partition.

This is probably for the best, a livecd is usually not the right
answer for a long term operating system, but it is relatively handy
for having a complete system to take with you. Or as with me, when you
need a graphical environment right away but have managed to botch up
your existing X configuration in the course of an upgrade.

This has given me a renewed interest in Linux and I plan to install
Ubuntu on to a spare partition, and see if I can rig up something to
share data between the FreeBSD and Linux sides (possibly a jailed NFS
server on the other machine)