On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 12:37 -0800, Jim Beard wrote:
> So he just got disconnected again.  The error messages that get
> displayed are as follows:
>
> debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
> debug3: channel 0: status: The following connections are open:
>    #0 client-session (t4 r0 i0/0 o0/0 fd 4/5)
>
> debug3: channel 0: close_fds r 4 w 5 e 6
> Read from remote host 192.168.1.40: Connection reset by peer
> Connection to 192.168.1.40 closed.
> debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 98 bytes in 684.3 seconds
> debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.1
>

> So its getting killed from somewhere, maybe the machine he is
> connecting to.  It just seems weird because it doesn't kill my
> connections...
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

PuTTY keeps known_host keys in the registry in Winblows. Nuke that
regkey and force PuTTY to re-read and store a new host key for your
server. Normally it will bitch about a server key mismatch in the logs
but it still might be worth a try. Also, did you look
in /var/log/{messages,secure} on the server for any clues?

Does this client have difficulties elsewhere (pop/imap access, file
system access)? You might verify that your not fighting a duplex
mismatch.

--
Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>