Also, the OCF Community Village will be having a fund-raising event on 4/2 at Cosmic Pizza, including Joules Graves, Jupiter Hollow, Higher Ground, and the Dulcimer Dad :)

Tickets are $9 in advance, and $12 at the door -- family time opens the event at 7pm (not just families though)... leading into the big acts as the evening progresses.

Last night, at the monthly Village meeting, we consensed to have the opportunity to SELL things at this event, to raise money for the Village "at large" (which has a lot of construction/capital projects this year!), our booths, and also our organizations.

I'll be sending more info as it comes across the lists, and all this is from memory... but I wanted to invite everyone, and get the ol' gears a'churning about what we (as EUG-LUG) want to do with this event. I'd personally like to see some CD give-aways, with a donation basket, but if anyone does have actual *sales* ideas, please bring them forth!

FYI: everyone, including village/booth/org members, must buy a ticket to attend -- it is a fundraiser and there are no free rides.... but it is a fabulous opportunity. It is also a networked location (although Cosmic has changed their "free" wifi setup a whle back) so that opens up some capabilities we don't often have at public-facing events.

As for "selling things": Bob, do you know if this is legit, from the perspective of EUG-LUG?
I know there are larger laws we must abide by, but it has been reported that there are no specific constraints on our booths' orgs at this particular event. This is a rather big deal for the Village & its booths, since at the Fair we're not allowed to sell anything, and hence fund-raising is difficult in general. I know we could do freebies with a "suggested donation" listed, but if it anything of real value, we would have to give it away, for free ot $0.01 or whatever is offered. Possibly we could hold a raffle, or multiple raffles? I think raffling off some in-home help (say 30 minutes or so) might be a neat idea....

We might be legit to sell things if the money is getting donated to the booth... in which case I can assure you that EUG-LUG's interest would tended to, for instance buying blank CD's, or CD labels, or whatnot.

Ideas?  Excitement?

ciao

    Ben Barrett