The website seems to make you think CF is better...

[quote]
The nice thing about CF is that it's pretty damn cheap (you can get a 512M card from CostCo.com for $50). Cheaper & faster than multimedia cards (MMC) and can be accessed via a PCMCIA slot, as all PC laptops have, using a $5 adaptor (although you can read/write using the Java program MintyComm program talking through the serial port)

One nice side-effect of using CF cards is that they 'talk' ATA so it's easy (design-wise) to swap it with a full IDE drive in case you ever need to access a large amount of data (a car mp3 player?)
[end quote]

-Rob

larry price wrote:
Count me in. Are we stuck with CF though? I d kind of like to see if I could do an SD/MMC version.

But i think on the first pass I'll go with the predefined version

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:54:42 -0800, Mike Cherba