Well, Wine Is Not an Emulator... it is more like a drop-in replacement for the libraries which Windows apps interface with. Some people report better stability with Win32 apps in Wine than in Windows. Your mileage may vary... it all depends on the application.

I'm running iTunes now and can't tell the difference between this and on a Mac/Windows box. :D

-Max

Jason Van Cleve wrote:

Quoth Max Lemieux, on Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:39:06 -0800:

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice

It's not free (hey, neither is Visio) but there is a 30 day unlimited trial, so you won't lose anything by trying it out. $40 gets you the full deal.

' Heard of that; but do you really consider this a good solution, running buggy M$ software in an emulator? It's probably a bad driver that's crashing our Winblows machine here, but the fact that my UML document ends up fubar is really the fault of Visio, isn't it? So I'm worried this same problem will bite me even running under Linux.

--Jason

--
Remember. when you have unsafe email with someone, you're having email
with all the other people that person's had unsafe email with...