I finally broke down and got the first issue of Make magazine last
night (Borders had several copies left). I figured it was going to be
overly Wired, and it is, but it still has a lot of "Nuts & Volts
Magazine" left in it, too.

Has anyone started on any of the projects yet? I put in an order for
some parts for the magstripe reader project this morning. I've always
had an odd interest in magstripe cards and has amassed quite the
collection of magstripe cards, including arline and hotel room cards.
Ought to be fun seeing what info they put on some of them. I figured
it was a perfect time to play.

More info on magstripe cards
http://stripesnoop.sf.net