Did you power the machine up after moving the jumper? On some
BIOS's you boot up and set clear all passwords, save & exit,
poweroff and put the jumper back. Try that sometime if you're in
the machine again anytime.

Also, as for just pulling the battery, don't forget to pull the
power cord and hit the power button a couple times to drain as
much power from the power supply as you can.