Most of the virii/worms tie into specific known MS vulnerabilities. You are beautifully immune on Linux. Security concerns are more to do with unauthorized access than the bot/worm/virus stuff.

To that end, most Linux distros do come with a software firewall, based on the iptables package. Look for Guarddog, or the like.

If you're already running Linux tell us what distro you have, and we can be more specific.

Cheers,
Max

Jeff Newton wrote:
Hey guys,

I was wondering is there any software out there for linux that will snag those nasty worms and supposedly virus's?? Since, most are written for Microsoft products was kinda wondering if Linux is game to virus hacks or not??

Jeff