Your knowledge of the subject far exceeds mine. I grant that much of the original Next architecture has been replaced and improved.

But given that the icons at the top are now at the left, doesn't this look a heck of a lot like the Finder? :)

http://www120.pair.com/mccarthy/nextstep/intro.htmld/Workspace.html

-Max

perdurabo wrote:
Except Aqua and all the PDF functionality, nearly all the
UNIX-underpinnings, Core Audio, Core Data, Cocoa Bindings, the Mach
kernel (3.0).

The current Mail.app hardly resembles the old NeXT/OPENSTEP Mail.app.
The framework has been rewritten and updated so much, I really
wouldn't say it all comes from NeXT anymore, either.