Ooh excellent. Yeah, I've got a Radeon Mobility 9200 which also works well with the "radeon" driver. It even does dual head with Twinview and all that jazz, though not 3D-accelerated.

I think the upshot is that open source drivers work fine :D

-Max

Bob Miller wrote:
Max Lemieux wrote:

I feel obliged to point out that the open source X11/Xorg "nv" driver works great with Nvidia cards, at least for basic 2d use - it doesn't support 3d acceleration yet, though.

I also feel obligated to mention X.org's radeon driver.  It does 3D
very nicely on my two RADEON 9000 boards and my laptop's ATI chip
(RADEON Mobility 9000, I think).

--
Best regards,
Max Lemieux