My preference for postgres was set some time ago by a combination of
factors, including direct experience of what happens when MyISAM files
get corrupted.

Postgres has had transactions, triggers and stored procedures for
quite some time, mysql has had "optional" (read bolt on) support for
these for a few years, but is still prone to data loss.

About the only feature that mysql has that postgres doesn't is support
for an enum datatype (and you can define one fairly easily in
postgres)

And when it comes to speed comparisons, mysql should be compared to
berkeleydb since it offers the same level of integrity protection, not
with an ACID rdbms.

On 10/11/05, M. Bitner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I already switched to Postgres because of this:
>
> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0%2C1895%2C1855483%2C00.asp

http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?