Jim Beard wrote:
I know this isn't exactly the list for it, but I've been reading online for a while now and can't make heads or tails of my problem. I want to match convert '&lt;' sequences to '<' using a replace method that matches on a regex pattern. I'm using Java and am having 0 luck. No sites online seem to mention & or ; other then in passing as a punctuation character...

Shouldn't this be easy?
Yes, and I found a perl example with the search here: http://www.google.com/search?q=perl+replace+%22%26lt%3B%22+%3C&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

That reveals a bunch of pages. Among them, (http://www.codepedia.com/1/PerlPMTutorial).

Down the page is this:

$input =~ s/>/&gt;/g;

Which tells perl to take the value of $input, find occurrences of ">" and replace that with "&gt;", globally. Then stick the results back into $input.

If you replace the > and &gt; with your values, it should be pretty simple to get the rest of it as well.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #14 (Collect all 25)
"There is a point beyond which even justice becomes unjust." - Sophocles