On debian, I use apt-cache search image | grep map
and I see:

imaptool - A tool for creating client-side image maps
kimagemapeditor - HTML image map editor for KDE

apt-cache show gives me:

Package: imaptool
Section: web
Maintainer: Colin Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Version: 0.9-6
Filename: pool/main/i/imaptool/imaptool_0.9-6_i386.deb
Size: 18202
MD5sum: 86cd763bf7b61e19f11055b7dd7fd2f5
 A simple (yet useful and free) tool for creating client-side image maps,
 supporting GIF and JPEG images.

Package: kimagemapeditor
Installed-Size: 1132
Maintainer: Ben Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Source: kdewebdev
Version: 1:3.3.2-6
Filename: pool/main/k/kdewebdev/kimagemapeditor_3.3.2-6_i386.deb
Size: 325282
MD5sum: 9f0de93c71037934d14b5485ff7cc9bc
 KImageMapEditor is a tool that allows you to edit image maps in HTML
 files.  As well as providing a standalone application, KImageMapEditor
 makes itself available as a KPart for embedding into larger applications.
 .
 This package is part of the official KDE web development module.

To any of these help?

Mr O <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 % For all the webheads, is there a way under linux to create
 % clickable regions on an image? Would I have to do it via html to
 % exact coordinates? Is there a GIMP plugin? How would I
 % accomplish that?
 %
 % TIA for any advice.
 %
 % Mr O.
 %
 % __________________________________________________
 % Do You Yahoo!?
 % Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
 % http://mail.yahoo.com
 % EUGLUG mailing list
 % euglug@euglug.org

-----