I have an art project that has to be completed by August 28, but, yes I will help after that. We might as well get started defining the scope of the project. Here are a few points I would make:

1) I have asked the ELUG to maintain a sub-group mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] we may want to talk there. I think you will see that this is more of a design project. I like to talk in a more verbose manner, less linear, this helps ease the technical discussion.

2) Used computer parts are prone to maintenance issues. I imagine that these kiosks would be used by local companies, probably non-profits, who wouldn't mind the issues if they can get their message out more effectively. This may simply be a one-of-a-kind design and therefore you are leading the design process.

3) I am not the Linux guru, that others in this group are, I am involved with the art end of Linux use. I think we can muddle through and I wouldn't get involved if I thought otherwise. I am getting involved because your positive reputation proceeds you Lorraine. I have followed your development for over six years, since I was a computer recycler at Goodwill here in Eugene.

4) Touch screens are hard to come by, so this will be a more basic design. I like the things I create to be as professional as possible, within time constraints. I hope you do too. Lets here what you have in mind for your CRRC kiosk message!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Exciting! Wanna help us get the first one built?

lorraine