Besides, there are lots of reasons to visit Eugene.  Okay, there's just
that one about the local plant life.

I wonder if we could get him to visit the Denver metro area..  We have
lots of nice summery things to do in the area--my fellow students are on a
very sun-filled canoing trip now, and there's rock climbing, and lots of
other fun outdoorsy stuff to do.  We also have the half of silicon valley
that had the good sense to get out of California.  ;)