I'm running Suse 10.0
Security patches are up to date

I'm not sure what happened last time but I restarted my computer and I
got "could not start kdestartupconfig" after logging in as certain
users.

I also noticed that my ati radeon driver was uninstalled.
I tried deleting .kde, reinstalling the driver, but nothing worked.

I backed everything up, reinstalled and yesterday, after I had run
YOU, I was installing the ati radeon driver again and I rebooted and
got the same message.

I had installed and uninstalled the ati driver multiple times and it
would not show up in my general configuration.

Though, atiuninstall.sh wouldn't and when I tried yast to install and
uninstall it wouldn't show up (no 3d graphics card available or 3d
support not configured) , but yast package manager would show the
driver package as installed. I ran aticonfig after installation on
both manual and managed tries.

Eventually, after installing and uninstalling and rebooting on the new
Suse-install I received "could not start kdestartupconfig".

I am currently not running my ati-driver and so far I haven't had any
problems, but I cannot isolate the source of the issue and would
prefer to just fix after the fact.

Thanx in advance