Martin Kelly wrote:
Yep, I'm working on regular expressions... I can write simple ones at
the moment. Do you know of a place that has exercises to test knowledge,
because I think the best way to learn would be to practice and actually
do it.

I don't know of any places that have exercises but something that
might be helpful is a regex evaluator (there's a nice one for the
Eclipse framework called QuickREx). It lets you compare your regex
against sample text and will tell you if it matches or not. I learned
regexs by writing Perl parses of text files and having a regex
evaluator sped things up immensely.

Here's the link to QuickREx if you use Eclipse:

http://www.bastian-bergerhoff.com/eclipse/features/web/QuickREx/toc.html

HTH,

Melissa